Thursday, November 3, 2011

Conversation with God

Lord, I am so tired.

     But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning;   Lam. 3:21, 22

Lord, my children are angry. Lord, I am angry.

     Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret - it leads only to evil.   Psalm 37:8


     In your anger do not sin.   Eph. 4:26

How long, oh Lord, until we get a break?

     The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him.   Lam. 3:25

I am hurting, Lord. And worse, my children are hurting!

     I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.   Psalm 31:7


I feel so alone, Lord.

     In Thee, O Lord, do I seek refuge.   Psalm 31:1

I don't understand why all this has happened.

     Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure.   Ecclesiastes 7:3 & 4

I don't know what to do - for myself, for my dad, for my kids.

     I will give thanks...   Psalm 139:14, I Chronicles 16:34, Psalms 7:17, 28:7, 100:4, 105:1, I Thess. 5:18


Lord, I need sleep so badly. Restful, peaceful, sleep.

     Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.   Psalm 31:9


     I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.   Psalm 4:8

I keep praying, Lord. Do You hear me?

     In my distress I screamed to the Lord for His help. And He heard me from heaven; my cry reached His ears.   Psalm 18:6


Lord, I'm tired of crying every night!

      I am worn out with pain; every night my pillow is wet with tears.  Psalm 6:6

     He will wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. All of that has gone forever.   Rev. 21:4



No comments:

Post a Comment