Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mothering

I tend to mother...I mean, of course, I am a mother (noun). But I tend to mother (verb). My mothering has sometimes been mistakenly called "nagging" but that is because certain "motherees" do not fully understand my giftedness. Anyway, with that in mind, I thought I'd share with you a partial list of events that entitle me to mother a person.

If I've taken care of your animal or your child, that gives me the right to mother you.

If I've talked to you in the middle of the night or you've cried in my presence, that gives me the right to mother you.

If I've given or loaned you money, fed you, shortened pants for you, or let you borrow a book, that gives me the right to mother you.

If I've prayed for you, if I'm older than you, if you've ever asked my advice (for anything at anytime) or if you've ever spent the night at my house (while not actually living with me), that gives me the right to mother you.

And finally, if you've married one of my daughters, hurt yourself on my trampoline, or split your head open at my house, that gives me the right to mother you.

And lest you think I'm deluded, I'm fully aware that this is not necessarily a healthy approach. It just happens to be my approach. ☻

No comments:

Post a Comment