Friday, December 23, 2011

Giving Thanks, Part 4

I told myself I'd list 100 things that I was thankful for and I'm down to the last 25. I know that I am grateful for a lot more than 100 things but the fact that I am having trouble listing them leads me to believe that my perspective is not what it should be. I need to be expectantly watching for God's blessings and recognizing His goodness ALL THE TIME! I need to take time to thank Him right at the moment that something hits me so that I begin to re-train my thoughts. I want to focus on Him and the positive things in my life - not on myself or negative things. 2012 is going to be different!!

With that in mind, I'm thankful...

76.   that I did not hit that skunk the other night.
77.   that my kids are all so giving and generous.
78.   for my craft supply stash.
79.   for free return shipping.
80.   for the wisdom of others.
81.   that time heals.
82.   that each day is another opportunity to start a diet.
83.   for antibiotics.
84.   for solitude.
85.   for firewood.
86.   that this isn't all there is.
87.   for iTunes.
88.   for Barnes & Noble gift cards.
89.   for God's loving protection.
90.   that God gives me hope!
        "Hope which was lost,
          now stands renewed."
91.   that Paul's leaving didn't kill me.
92.   for my selective memory.
93.   for sweet conversations.
94.   for Christmas lights.
95.   for church family.
96.   that He welcomes me home!
97.   for the way music expresses what I cannot.
98.   that God never gives up on me.
99.   that the weight of my sin is not on my shoulders.
100. that God is my Saviour King!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiFLqsNlISY

MY PORTION IS HIM 
AND I AM
MORE THAN BLESSED!!

1 comment:

  1. You did it!! I'm grateful for friends like you, and I'm looking forward to seeing 2012 with you. It ought to be different - according to the Mayan calendar the world is going to end! ;-)
    Janine

    ReplyDelete