Saturday, December 10, 2011

Giving Thanks, Part 2

It's funny - I'm not feeling sure that I'll be able to come up with the rest of the 75 things I'm thankful for so that I can complete my list of 100 BUT I have felt more thankful this week just by pondering all this. So here goes - some more things ...

I'm thankful for:

26.   A good mechanic (see #15 in Part 1).
27.   A new kitchen faucet.
28.   Alias (my current Netflix obsession).
29.   the unconditional love of grandchildren.
30.   FORGIVENESS! (and not just receiving it, but giving it also.)
31.   "the steadfast love of the LORD never ceases,
        His mercies never come to an end;
        they are new every morning;
        great is Thy faithfulness!"
32.   the sound of a vacuum (that I'M not operating).
33.   sleeping in.
34.   falling asleep at night knowing that I am not alone!
        (no matter what my feelings tell me)
35.   weekends and staying up late.
36.   coffee. (see #33 and #35)
37.   second chances.
38.   trusting God even though I can't see or understand.
39.   not being born rich or marrying rich.
40.   humor.
41.   songs written just for me. (Thanks, Jenny)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ
42.   imagination and creativity.
43.   big earrings! (Come on, girls, I'm not alone in this!)
44.   nice, warm socks.
45.   driving to work without getting on a freeway.
46.   being able to have children.
        (something I took for granted)
47.   the privilege of being "Grammy".
48.   hair color in a box.
49.   my love of nature.
50.   the beautiful sound of a 12-string guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment