Monday, September 12, 2011

Grammy Dates

I have the privilege of having four of my six grandchildren living in the same town as me. Recently, I had a couple of days off from work so I decided to get some special, dedicated time with the three older grandkids. The first day, I picked up Gabriel and Logan and took them to the beach in Cambria for the afternoon, then a slumber party at my house, then a swim in the morning and finally returned them home. I picked up Felicity, my only local granddaughter next, spent the afternoon with her painting pottery, having an ice cream cone, going to a park in Santa Margarita, a slumber party/movie night at my house and then home for her. It was wonderful and exhausting!! I am so blessed to have them so close by.


This is at the park at Moonstone Beach in Cambria. The boys played there for hours.


They truly enjoyed each other's company.


They worked together to try to get this large piece of driftwood back into the ocean. They eventually abandoned this piece in favor of a slighter smaller one.


Here they are admiring their efforts.


Had to climb a tree just before leaving the park.


 Swimming by 10:00 a.m. the next morning - cold water didn't seem to bother them at all.


Next day was Lissy's turn. Notice the concentration at the Paint Your Own Pottery place in Atascadero.



Next, what could be better on a hot day than a Rite-Aid ice cream cone? Grammy's Rite-Aid cone! Yep, Lissy's cone took a nose dive onto the pavement right after we left the store. Oh well, at least we had a backup!



Visited a beautiful little park in Santa Margarita and we were the only ones there.



Again, notice the intense concentration.


Isn't she beautiful? Inside and out!


Sweet Lissy didn't quite make it all the way through the movie!

I am so grateful to God for my precious family.

1 comment: