Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Evening

Getting to hear about my grandkids' drum lessons, ballet lessons, and breakdancing lessons.

Feeding my dad leftovers and being praised like he was eating at Artisan.

Watering my only two remaining tomato plants and enjoying the tropical weather.

Being visited by the sweet dog from across the road.

Watching a stunning sunset which included a rainbow that was all dark pink.

Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Chatting with a friend.

Praying for someone else.

Walking out to the kitchen to discover the visiting dog had let himself in.

Thanks to my cats, one less mouse.

Spending some time planning my trip to Tucson to see sweet Tammera and family.

Reconnecting with an old friend.

Zoning out to Property Brothers.

Persevering, Surviving, Thriving.


Is life any less precious just because your spouse is MIA? No! What if your arms ache for a child but you're still waiting? Money problems, sleep deprivation, job stresses, loneliness, family dysfunction, outliving your partner, wayward children. The list of difficulties that we all live with is endless. Sometimes, our problems are due to our own sinful choices. Other times, it's just the imperfectness of this world and its impact on us. Either way, we end up struggling with moving forward victoriously.

I used to think that I had a lot of faith. But over the years life has thrown me a few curves. I realized that there are things that I don't even bother to pray for. They're big things, tough things. Too tough for God? Of course not! But I act like God is limited. Faith? I've barely scratched the surface.

But tonight, as I took the time to enjoy, appreciate, and be grateful for the small events of my evening, I was filled with hope. I've been down but I'm not out. And neither are my friends that have all kinds of issues to deal with.

II Cor. 4:8-9

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.


1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder to think on the things that we enjoy. Often times, I think, it's the smallest things that remind us that God does not change with our circumstances. He always loves us the same, His truth never waivers, and His Spirit is present, no matter what difficulties life and the evils of this world throw our way. Thanks for writing this. I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete