Friday, February 8, 2013

Hello, AT & T

Hello, AT & T. How may I assist you? (lots of background chatter, yelling, etc. all with an Indian accent.)

I'd like to talk about my phone bill. I need to see if I can get a cheaper plan.

Let me pull up your account. I'd be glad to help you with that. Hold please................. Do you have internet service with us?

No, but you can't provide me with internet where I live. It's too rural.

Let me check for you. .......................................................What is your zip code?

93446. But you can't give me internet. And I get no cell phone reception, which is why I still have my land line. About my telephone bill...

Hold please....................... I show you have internet available in your area. It's yours.

What?

It's yours. YOURS.

I don't know what you're telling me.

Hold please.................. I show we have internet available in your area. I can bundle it with your phone bill and it will be less expensive. What do you have for T.V.?

Direct TV.

Hold please.......... Oh, we can bundle that in as well. What stations do you watch?

Oh, I don't know. I get, like, 150 channels.

So you just get the local stations?

Well, no (frustration level rising), I get more than just local. But I don't get premium channels like Showtime or HBO.

O.K. So you just have a basic package. I can bundle that in too. We can provide internet service for $14.95 a month.

I highly doubt that. How can you guarantee to me that you can provide internet service to me? 

Hold please............ I show we have internet service available in your area. It's yours.

Are you saying you have internet service somewhere in the 93446 zip code area or are you looking at my specific address?

I show we have service at your address. It's YOURS.

What are you saying to me?

Yours. YOURS. That's our internet service.

How do you spell that?

U V E R S E. Yours. You can go to our website at att.uverse.com and put in your zip code and you will see that we have service available in your area.

Hold on. Let me get to that website...................I don't see anyplace to put in a zip code.

I show we have internet service in your area. Shall I sign you up for it starting next month?

What? No! I need to research this but my lunch hour is over. I'll have to call back when I have a few more hours.

Thank you for calling AT & T. Good day.

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me...

          we'd never discussed my phone service!!










No comments:

Post a Comment