Friday, February 15, 2013

A.T. & T., Part 2

This is a short update to my previous post about my frustrating conversation with an A.T. & T. representative. If you need to get caught up, click
http://mostly-musing.blogspot.com/2013/02/hello-at-t.html.

Anyway, this particular rep was apparently quite efficient in his own way because not even four days after I had spoken with him, I got a letter in the mail from DIRECTV.

"Dear Paul Brown,

(Let me explain right here that the DIRECTV bill is the last remaining item that is in both our names and I will be rectifying that very soon.)

   Thank you for your recent order. You will begin receiving AT & T customer savings on your upcoming monthly statements. Here is your confirmation #... and the description of your order: 'request to opt-in to single bill with AT & T' for a bundled discount.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV"

Request? Single bill? Bundled? You have got to be kidding! If you read the last AT & T blog, you know that I did not request or order anything. So I called the 800 number on the back of the letter. I got DIRECTV so I told them that I never requested this "bundled offering".

Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am. You will have to call AT & T.

Seriously? You've got to be kidding! I was ticked off now. My poison oak had made me very cranky and I had no patience for AT & T. I called them.

Thank you for calling AT & T. How may I help you?

I got a confirmation letter today for a bundled discount with DIRECTV which I did not request or order. I DON'T want this offer.

Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am. Let me check into that for you. Oh, yes I see. It has been processed and approved.
(She sounded like I should be celebrating this fact.)

I don't want it.

Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am. Let me see if I can debundle this for you. Oh, it has been processed and approved.

I don't care. I don't want it. I didn't ask for it. I was so frustrated with the last AT & T rep that I wrote about him!

Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am. Let me see if I can debundle this for you.

Long pause.........

Still trying to debundle.

Long pause.........

O.K. ma'am. I have successfully debundled your order. Would you like a confirmation number?

Uh, YES! Thank you so much for your help. Did you register my complaint about the other rep?

Yes ma'am. We have his I.D. I have noted your dissatisfaction. Is there anything else I can do for you?

No, thanks. You've been very helpful. I won't write about you.

Thank you for calling AT & T.


No comments:

Post a Comment