Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crafting for Jen's Birthday

Jenny's birthday was this past Saturday and I had fun this year making her a few things.



It's a little hard to tell but this is a growth chart that I made, copied some from an idea I saw on Pinterest. It's a board that starts at 2 feet and goes up to 6 feet. I stained it and then transferred all those precious marks that were on one of my doorjambs, showing how tall the kids were at various ages. You mount it on the wall and mark on it instead of your wall. And, if you ever move, you can take it with you. While I was at it, I made one for myself.

I also made her a felt pincushion and a reversible apron. (I had to make the apron. She saw the vegetable print material in my stash and specifically asked for it. ☺ )





It felt good to get back to a little creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment