Monday, October 17, 2011

Crafting Again

Just thought I'd share with you a few of my projects that I've worked on lately. I'm trying to be more productive on my days off instead of just watching HGTV.

My two little granddaughters had birthdays recently. Felicity turned four and was having an owl themed birthday party so I made her this dress in keeping with the theme...


Audrey turned three and I wanted to make her a Raggedy Ann doll. I made them for my daughters when they were young and am now making them for the grandchildren. I think I got overconfident on this one because I didn't pay close enough attention and made quite a mistake.



Do you see the problem? Totally made the legs upside down. What a pain. I had already stuffed the whole doll and sewn it all together. The second picture shows it after I ripped the legs off. I had to start all over on the legs but fortunately, I got it all done and was able to ship it to Arizona in time for sweet Audrey's birthday.




My daughter, Melissa, loves all things peacock. I saw a picture on Pinterest of a peacock pin cushion. I thought it was going to be a tutorial on how to make it but instead, it was an Etsy shop that was selling them. I couldn't afford to buy it for her so I bought some felt and copied the picture. I think it came out pretty cute.



I wanted to save it and give it to her for her birthday but I was so pleased with myself that I gave it to her early. Yesterday, because I spoil Melissa, I tried something else for her. She has a necklace that she loves that was given to her by Donny's brother and his wife. They are missionaries in Africa and the necklace was made by African women out of rolled paper beads. She likes to wear the necklace but had no earrings to match it so I looked on Pinterest and sure enough, I found some directions to make rolled paper beads. I managed to make her a pair of earrings that resemble the necklace closely enough that she wore them today. It wasn't a process I particularly enjoyed but I may try it again sometime - if I have nothing else to do - if I'm really bored - if I have no fingernails left to bite.


2 comments:

  1. Mom, the earings are amazing! And I never saw Audrey's doll fully done. Its so cute. Did she love it? Lissy was just wearing her owl dress on Saturday. She loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to report that Raggedy Audrey has made it to the bed and is involved in the reading of our book in preparation for bed time.
    Also, you are amazing! That dress looks like it should be on zulily! Well done, grammy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete