Friday, August 26, 2011

And My Crafty Afternoon

So, as you can see, I was totally in the mood to spend my day off in my P.J.'s and doing stuff I ordinarily wouldn't take the time to enjoy. In my previous blog, you saw the skirt I made from a dress. This afternoon, I did the same thing again. This time I started with a dress I bought at the thrift store.



Yes, it's a lime green tie dyed smock top long dress. I had to pay $6.95 for it at the local Goodwill, more than the brand new dress from this morning. But hey, who wouldn't pay even three times that for such a prize! However, like this morning's dress, it has issues when put on my bod.



Again, a very unfortunate style for me. (Melissa will tell you that the whole thing is unfortunate but she doesn't have my vision.)

First, I cut off the smocking. Don't worry though. I'm saving it. Who knows when it might come in handy?



Then I simply put a casing on the top edge and made an elastic waist. Voila! My beach skirt!



The only mishap during this process was that I washed the dress first (after all, it was from the thrift store). I had also bought a white, gauzy peasant shirt and I washed it with the dress. Good thing I only paid $3.95 for the shirt because it is now a soft buttery yellow! Now if I could just figure out a way to re-make the bod!




1 comment:

  1. Could we use the smocking as a top for a dress for Lis?

    ReplyDelete