Friday, January 3, 2014

Signs That I Have Been Really Sick



I haven't had a Goldfish Cracker in 2 weeks.

I have a bag in the other room that is full of $50 worth of chocolate for Christmas treats that I never made and I haven't broken into it. (Yet)

I let Jenny and Zac make all of Christmas Eve dinner. (Fabulous job, by the way.)

I was relatively unconcerned when the first batch of brandy sauce for the bread pudding had to be thrown into the orchard.

I let the kids put together all of Christmas Day dinner, including the famous family lasagna.

I'm using Kleenex from a box that Jenny's puppy chewed and slobbered on because I haven't felt well enough to get up and get a new box.

I haven't enjoyed a glass of wine in 2 weeks.

I let myself be taken to the ER where I was bossed around for 4 hours by Sarah. (Also, a fabulous job.)

I then let myself be babysat by Melissa overnight and all the next day. (A 3rd fabulous job.)

I let the puppy (Jenny's) have the Reader's Digest to chew up rather than get up to find him a doggy toy.

I have a personal bond with the characters on "Modern Family."

I actually had to ask for help. And I had to accept it!

I've spent $300 in co-pays in just one week.

My T.V. is overheated.

I haven't worn earrings in 2 weeks.

I had $10 in Kohl's cash that was expiring in 2 days. I couldn't make it to Kohl's so I ... (gasp) gave it to Sarah!


1 comment:

  1. You seem to be on the mend if you can poke fun at yourself. Still, no earrings for two weeks...yikes. Sorry about the stupid co-pays. :(

    ReplyDelete